Faking News brings to you 5 reasons why Kolhi got out just after scoring 3 runs today:
1. NH10: Yes, an edge of the seat thriller can have that effect on you. Remember, Kohli took time out of practice session to tweet about the movie and his love Anushka in it and how much he liked. So in a tribute to this edge of the seat thriller, Kohli edged out a catch to wicket-keeper. Also just how could he miss out on bae’s most awaited film Bombay Velvet’s trailer. The committed lover he is, he had to be in time to make it in front of the YouTube for this trailer.
2. MRF Ad: After doing that ad Kohli doesn’t feel like spending more than 5 minutes anywhere (that’s still more than 2 minutes deadline that Rohit Sharma has set for himself). Rumor has it that before going out to bat, Ravi Shastri told Kohli if he could come for a chat, and he returned in less than 5 minutes to the dressing room. Ravi then rued the moment he called out to Kolhi.
3. Rakhi Sawant: The embarrassment of someone like Rakhi confessing her love for Kohli was too much for even an alpha male like Kolhi to handle. He had clearly not recovered from the shock or may be got out cheaply hoping Rakhi starts hating him now.
4. No Bengali player in team: Kohli likes to play his game aggressively and with no Bengali player in the squad, he didn’t have anyone to translate aggressive language used by Bangladeshi players, and thus he got bored. That probably explains why he didn’t even feel like responding to the abusive send-off he received from Rubel Hossain, after getting out.
5. Rohit’s presence: Kohli thought with Rohit already there on the other end and scoring uncharacteristically heavily, he would not be needed against minnows like Bangladesh and hence thought it to best to rest himself for matches against tougher teams ahead.